My 10 month old stopped sleeping through the night! I need some advice!

My 10 month old started sleeping through the night at around 4.5 months old and all of a sudden, she started waking up every 3 hours again like she’s a newborn. I think she’s teething, but I don’t know for sure if that’s what’s waking her. Is this common at this age? Any tips?

I know that there is such a wide range as to when certain teeth come in. Is she showing some of the other signs of teething like drooling, irritability, or pulling on her ears?

She definitely started drooling more recently-I guess it could be teething. I’ve taken her to the dr and made sure there’s no ear infection. I feel so bad if she’s in pain at night.

Hi,
My name is Johanna and I am a certified sleep consultant…there are lots of factors that can impact sleep. Sometimes adjusting the timing or environment of sleep can really help with quality of sleep. Also, make sure to handle wakes the exact same way each time. Consistency is really important for healthy sleep. Is you baby napping twice each day? How long are the naps? Make sure bedtime is not too late, as an overtired baby can wake throughout the night. Has sleep improved (I see that you posted a few weeks ago!).

1 Like

I’m also a sleep consultant, and to add on I’m wondering if she’s hitting any milestones right now, like crawling? Developmental milestones often cause regressions, and the most important piece is remaining consistent and not developing new sleep props!

1 Like