Hands and knees crawling

Hello! My almost 8 month old baby has been inchworm/army crawling for about 5 weeks and every time he goes on hands and knees he rocks and then falls so I’m wondering if I should ask for a pt referral or wait it out.

Typical hands and knees crawling is between 8-10 months. They practice a lot of things while rocking in that position and then they slide down onto their tummy so they can crawl the way they are used to. You might try having things for the baby to reach that are a little too high for him to reach when on his tummy, so he will reach up for them when on hands and knees. Don’t worry. for this milestone, your baby is doing well. :wink:

1 Like

Agreed with @Shelah . While we don’t want to see long term inchworming, if your baby is tolerating the quadruped position for short durations at this age, he’s probably working to build up strength to 4 point crawl. If he wasn’t even trying to get on all 4s or couldn’t bear weight through his arms or through his hips/knees that would send some more red flags

1 Like