Baby doesn’t sit still for diaper change!

My 10 month old has been this way for as long as I can remember… he DOES NOT HOLD STILL when getting his diaper/clothes changed. I mean the second I put him on the changing table he does some Houdini flip onto his stomach and fights every step of a diaper change or getting dressed. I try giving him things to hold to distract him but nothing lasts more than a few seconds. I break a sweat every time… someone must have some helpful suggestions! I’m open to it all

I have the same challenge. I also have a trinket or ‘treasure’ to give to him when we do diaper change. This could be a spoon, the tylenol bottle, a pacifier, etc. Basically something to catch his attention. I have also heard of people who will give an electric toothbrush because its interesting and the only time they get it!

2 Likes

Have them play peek a boo with you (but they do the peeking)? Or singing songs? I change my son by his bedroom window and I open the curtain only then so he gets distracted by the birds in the nearby tree tops.

2 Likes